Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sketch, Scan, and Gradient.

For this particular assignment, we were to sketch an image, scan it onto a computer, and then display our knowledge of the gradient tool.

I had previously created a backdrop, so I simply sketched an image of a car that I could simply add to the backdrop that I already had made.

Here is my sketch:



This is the trace of my sketch:



This is the finished image with the car included and filled in using the gradient tool:




The meaning behind my image is rather simple. As you know, my topic for this blog deals with the several murals located throughout Philadelphia. I decided to create a backdrop of a bridge(or tunnel) that has been decorated with many images that may represent elements of Philadelphian culture. For example, I have a cheesesteak, a pretzel, the American flag, the Liberty Bell, and a few random skyscrapers. I basically wanted to make it seem as though someone might have began to lay down the foundation for a future mural. The car is simply added to show visitors being greeted by Philadelphia.

No comments:

Post a Comment