Thursday, February 26, 2009

Logos!

For our most recent assignment, we were asked to use Adobe Illustrator to create several logos concerning our blog topic. My logos are as follows:

This particular text-less design is of a house, a paintbrush, doodles, and paint splatters. Since my topic is about murals within Philadelphia, I decided to make it seem as though I were covering the dull colored house with designs and color.


This logo basically consists of random shapes that I've created as a background to whatever font goes on top of it. I just wanted to show an artistic design.



This logo is pretty simple. I used the silhouette of a t-shirt and then placed a minor detail on the chest that the main logo would then be located on top of it. A lot of art is simple, and that's why I chose to make this particular logo incredibly simple. Plus, it is something that could easily be made into an actual t-shirt.



For this particular logo, I decided to trace my hand. I then used the paint tools to add paint to the fingertips. In doing so, I wanted to show all of the love and handmade work that goes into all of the murals that are scattered throughout the city. Whether it be sparked by a certain belief or used as an after-school activity for children, the art that we see on walls was created (by hand) for a purpose.



The following logos are text only.

I chose this font, because...well...I thought it was rad. Plus, it reminded me of the font from the movie, Juno.



I chose this font, because I liked how rough it looked. Some of the murals in the city have a rustic feeling to them. (Just like this font.)



I liked this font, because it looked it was so messy. Art is messy. True story.



This last font was chosen, because it was really corky. I think that corky and art kind of go together. That's just my opinion, I guess.



Those are my logos! Personally, I'm drawn to logos that are simple, yet have that little something that can catch your eye. I don't like a lot of fancy font. Hopefully, that can be seen within my pieces.

1 comment: